DPUK datathon at Ulster University Postponed
*** Due to Coronavirus the DPUK datathon at Ulster University has been postponed ***
Hopefully it will be rearranged for later in the year. You can sign up for updates about the DPUK datathon series here.
Innovate in multidisciplinary teams to reveal new insights for dementia treatment
– Free cohort analysis workshop to kick-start new research
– For specialists in statistics or machine learning methods
– 12-14 May, 2020, Ulster University,
Why should I join?
Clinical trials for dementia are moving to intervene at a much earlier stage in the disease progression – before the onset of dementia itself. As the amount of data that we have available to us increases rapidly, it is becoming vital to innovate in order to make sense of it and gain new insights.
At the Ulster datathon, you will work with others in the DPUK Data Portal. You will experiment with different methodologies to predict dementia risk and likelihood of conversion from mild cognitive impairment to dementia. Research questions will centre around longitudinal modelling of disease and dementias progression.
Successful applicants may have a dementia or data science specialism, experience in machine learning or experience in applied classical statistics. Participants will be carefully selected to ensure a complementary interdisciplinary mix of skills.
You will be part of an interdisciplinary research collaboration. Teams will receive ongoing support via DPUK Reach to develop their ideas into full study proposals and published research following the datathon.
What will the Ulster datathon be like?
How should I join?
Complete the application form via the link below. Any questions, please contact us.
- Data scientists with some experience of working with complex data.
- Experience of statistical techniques.
- Experience of working in dementia or health research will be useful, but is not essential.
- University or industry-based.
- UK and further afield.
- The deadline for applications is 9am on Thursday 3 April 2020.
- Three-day intensive workshop format from 12-14 May 2020. If you can’t make these dates, find out about other future DPUK datathons.
- The datathon takes place at the Ulster University Magee Campus, Derry~Londonderry.
- Places are selective and strictly limited.
- Attendance is free.
- Travel bursaries will be available for early career scientists travelling from outside of Ireland. Please indicate on your application form if you would like to be considered for one.